10x42 or 10x50 Binos

Rancher

I’m looking for feedback on binos. Can’t decide if I should get the Vortex Diamondbacks in a 10x42 or 10x50. Wife has the 42’s and I like them but have never looked thru a pair of 50’s. Would the 50’s gather more light than the 42’s? Would the size difference between the 2 be worth it to go with the 50’s? Thanks for any feedback!

stickers

I agree with Chad Bragg. I have the same pair of binoculars 10x42 Diamondbacks and for the money they cant be beat in my opinion. I was absolutely shocked when I got them cause to say I am not a fan of Vortex scopes is an understatement. But their binoculars are a different story. Also they are running a big sale on them for $100 off at BPS/ Cabelas next week. I think they are listed for $129.

chadbragg

I agree with Chad Bragg. I have the same pair of binoculars 10x42 Diamondbacks and for the money they cant be beat in my opinion. I was absolutely shocked when I got them cause to say I am not a fan of Vortex scopes is an understatement. But their binoculars are a different story. Also they are running a big sale on them for $100 off at BPS/ Cabelas next week. I think they are listed for $129.
That's what I paid last year when I upgraded. After an oops deer in Indiana last season I knew I had to have an upgrade!

Rancher

I seen that also. Looks like I’ll be ordering the 10x42’s next week. Thanks

jbullard1

Staff member
What do you NOT like about Vortex scopes, I have 5 scopes and 4 red dots and they are better than any I have tried

chadbragg

What do you NOT like about Vortex scopes, I have 5 scopes and 4 red dots and they are better than any I have tried
I will never buy another vortex scope myself. Poor light gathering, high power blur, and just plain don't care for them for the $$. I have 2 viper pst, venom, and a strike fire. In my opinion trijicon is the best hunting scope for the $$.

stickers

I agree with everything Chad said in above post and I will add that I have had serious problems with them holding zero and the tracking on adjustable turrets is terrible. I learned my lesson.

jbullard1

Staff member
I agree with everything Chad said in above post and I will add that I have had serious problems with them holding zero and the tracking on adjustable turrets is terrible. I learned my lesson.
That is an issue I have not encountered, but I do things a lot different than most people. I sight my rifle in dead on at 200 yards. then I shoot it out to 500 and study the drop. That is why I never touch the adjustable turrets after sighting in. But then again I shoot lowly calibers like the 30-06,6.5 Grendel and not a super magnum. I have no need for those things.

Latest posts