Anyone been shooting their bows yet?

LadyHunter

Staff member
I still use my compound, it's old, but I like it and I'm use to it. I need to check the string, and I might take it in and crank it up a notch. It's become easy for me to pull back as my strength has increased.
The current mosquito crop is going to determine how much I bow hunt, as well as the heat. Most of my bow stands lie along the creek.

jv

I still use my compound, it's old, but I like it and I'm use to it. I need to check the string, and I might take it in and crank it up a notch. It's become easy for me to pull back as my strength has increased.
The current mosquito crop is going to determine how much I bow hunt, as well as the heat. Most of my bow stands lie along the creek.
Wish I could use my compound bow but that looking impossible, haven’t tried to cock my cross bow yet but ever since I had my surgery and all the complications from it I have lost most of my strength.

Rancher

We are extremely late in starting to shoot our bows due to being busy with a litter of lab pups.. Have to get us some new targets come to think about it. I’m hoping to start next week once targets come in.

Reactions: jv

Turkeysniper

this might be a little long but here goes - I got my bow out and tried a few shots. The issue I had was, I could either see the pin - or see the target - there was not both like there used to be (50 year old eyes I guess) Anyway, I told my wife that I was having problems and her answer was that I need to see the optometrist - my answer - you guessed it! My first crossbow - lol. I looked at a bunch of them at Bass Pro, both online, and at the store, and had decided on a centerpoint 400. the price was good and I liked the 400 FPS that was advertised - so - into the Bass Pro Range to zero the scope. On the second pull, the cocking rope pulled lose from the cocking sled at almost full pull. My middle finger on the left hand instantly blew up to about twice the size that it started out as. Consequently, I ended up buying a Ten Point Shadow - one with the acudraw crank cock - lol - no more rope pulls for me.

Reactions: jv

jv

this might be a little long but here goes - I got my bow out and tried a few shots. The issue I had was, I could either see the pin - or see the target - there was not both like there used to be (50 year old eyes I guess) Anyway, I told my wife that I was having problems and her answer was that I need to see the optometrist - my answer - you guessed it! My first crossbow - lol. I looked at a bunch of them at Bass Pro, both online, and at the store, and had decided on a centerpoint 400. the price was good and I liked the 400 FPS that was advertised - so - into the Bass Pro Range to zero the scope. On the second pull, the cocking rope pulled lose from the cocking sled at almost full pull. My middle finger on the left hand instantly blew up to about twice the size that it started out as. Consequently, I ended up buying a Ten Point Shadow - one with the acudraw crank cock - lol - no more rope pulls for me.
Ten point makes a good bow and i got several friends that use a crank

Latest posts