Bring on the rain.

huvrman

I usually plant my MS plots Labor Day week and my TN plots mid Sept, but this year I had to flip the schedule. Just got my 6 TN plots finished today and off to MS next week for hunting cabin work and plots there. All of my TN plots are woods plots, expanded with a dozer 2 years ago. Rip then up with the rippers on a box blade, then disc, then till. Sowed 650 lbs of oats, rye, wheat, winter peas, and clover. Now just praying for rain before the turkeys get busy with the buffet.

huvrman

The rain chances increase here in north Mississippi this next week
We planting ours weekend after next.
Looks like it may rain midweek. Hope it holds off until I get them in.

Reactions: jv

glenn

We won’t plant for another month, mid October. Here in southwest Mississippi the army worms are a major threat through September. Also my experience has been that when we plant earlier and get rain there is too much growth and the plants get tough when they get taller. I may be nuts, but the deer don’t seem to continue using the plots planted early, later in the year.

huvrman

Got one clear day last week before the rains came and got four plots and 600 lbs of seed out. Four less than last year but a better set up regarding cover. Excited.

Reactions: jv

jv

We got most of done last weekend before the rain moved in and hope to finish by the end of the week. Other then doing a little dozer work on some roads and fire lanes we will have the land ready.
Got a couple of shooting houses that need some repairs but that won’t take long.

huvrman

We got most of done last weekend before the rain moved in and hope to finish by the end of the week. Other then doing a little dozer work on some roads and fire lanes we will have the land ready.
Got a couple of shooting houses that need some repairs but that won’t take long.
Yes, I still have to check stand straps and clear some shooting lanes. Then finish the inside of my hunting cabin. Loving the cooler weather, although hating the 14 hour roundtrip every other week.

jv

Yes, I still have to check stand straps and clear some shooting lanes. Then finish the inside of my hunting cabin. Loving the cooler weather, although hating the 14 hour roundtrip every other week.
Fourteen hour round trip will get old glad my round trip is only about three and a half hours

huvrman

Fourteen hour round trip will get old glad my round trip is only about three and a half hours
Yes, usually do it twice a season, but this year I set up a cabin on my property and am finishing the inside. Should be better next year. (Unless I have to file bankruptcy because of the gas prices.)

jv

Yes, usually do it twice a season, but this year I set up a cabin on my property and am finishing the inside. Should be better next year. (Unless I have to file bankruptcy because of the gas prices.)
Know that, gas prices put a hamper on my hunting sometimes but usually go down twice a week to hunt with friends.

glenn

Now I feel bad for complaining about my 20 minute drive.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JimmyG662