Deer Processors in Your Area

patinlouisiana

I do a lot of it myself but when it comes to making sausage we have three favorites.
Vine Bro. in Centerville
Whitetail Butcher Shop in Independance, La
Benoit's Country Meat Block in Addis, La

dino'sdeerowner

I am Mickey Mancini, owner of Dino's Deer Processing in Memphis. I want to clear up any misunderstandings that may be out there about me and my processing business. Our plant is located on N. Willett in Memphis and everything is processed here - even the deer dropped off at our Hernando, MS location. I have had the business for 7 years, however I sold the business three years ago and understand that the one year the other owner had it, many problems arose. Turnaround time was out of control among other things. I purchased the business back from him the next season and believe that my quality is back where I want it to be and you expect it to be. We no longer call people to tell them that the deer is complete. We ask that you call us 5 -10 days after dropping it off to schedule a pickup day and time. We have just found that after 7 years of experience, this works better - we will eventually call you if you haven't called us in a few weeks. Our pickups are by appointment only due to the high volume of deer we process. We have always under my direction adhered to USDA rules and regulations. We have NEVER hung a deer to age or store or for anyother reason except for the time it took to skin it. Our entire plant is kept below 40*. After we skin the deer, your steaks, roasts, etc.. are cut & packaged, then it goes to another processing room where all the ground products are made from there they are prepared and placed in the strorage area for the smoker. We smoke all our smoked items for a full 24 hours to insure the very best flavor. The same for the jerky but it has to be soaked in the seasoning for 48hours prior to cooking. Once the items are ready they are sent to 5 various freezers around the plant (all your meat is in it's own tote with your name on it at all times). It is just that often we have so many orders at one time it takes us a while to dig your order out to the freezers. Please call me with problems, questions or concerns...I do answer my phone or will return the call 274-4216. We are closing the plant this year Feb1st. If you didn't use me this year, try me next year. I promise you will be happy. All our recipes are our own family's and no one can duplicate. They are not pre-packaged spice from some internet site and have been that way since 1986.

KENNY WILSON

Sneeds custom wild game processing in Ecru, MS comes highly recommended they specialize in summer sausage with 8 varieties of flavors. 662-489-8251, 662-296-1946.

gtk

Staff member
KENNY WILSON":1cxa22ay said:
Sneeds custom wild game processing in Ecru, MS comes highly recommended they specialize in summer sausage with 8 varieties of flavors. 662-489-8251, 662-296-1946.
got an address? i'll add it to the list... Thx!

hunter0671

Just found a new one in Desoto county that looks to be really good. They apparently opened last year but the guy has been processing deer for many years just recently opened this business. It is located on Hwy 301 a couple of miles north of I69, so I think the address is Lake Cormorant.

Hwy 301 Deer Processing
http://www.hwy301dp.com/

I prefer to do my own, but just don't seem to have time these days. I went by and checked out his operation and everything is very professional and sanitary. Has a good walk-in cooler and freezer, guarantees NO COMMUNITY GRINDING, so you get your own deer back.

I dropped my first one off this morning so it will be a little while before I can comment on the different cuts he is doing. He did however give me some samples of his jerkey and summer sausage and cooked me some bratwurst and Jap & Cheese bratwurst and they were exceptional.

If you add on some of the extra sausages and stuff it gets a bit expensive, but since I can't find time to do the labor I guess it is fitting to pay someone else to do it.

ANC

Hunters Gold Deer Processing
11634 co rd 9
Millport,AL

http://huntersgolddeerprocessing.com/
(Beware of the cheesy graphics on the website. LOL)

It's not too far over the MS line, about 15 minutes from my place. Our buddies have used this guy for years, and the meat they've brought to us from him is great. (Might I suggest some garlic bologna? That stuff is soo good when fried up.)

custhar1

close to Desoto county I use pretty brother grocery at corner of hywy 61 and weaver memphis for ground round and sausage
reasonable only catch must take it deboned been using them many years

custhar1

no they don't have a website. It is just a very small grocery store on the corner of 61 and weaver(which turns into 301 in Mississippi)that has been there for over 60 yrs. They a great job on packaging and seasoning on there sausage. I have never had to wait longer than 2 to 3 days for my stuff.

amazzie

i started processing my own meat after two very bad experiences with local processors . 24 lbs of meat already cut up to make brats and summer sausage cost me 130 dollars the summer sausage was jalapeno and cheddar he didnt use hi temp cheese it was just a melted mess. The brats also jalapeno and cheddar were ok i ate most of them, after 3 mos. i had two brats left i cooked them, ate them and thought i was dying. this was at 301
processing. the other processor was in nesbit i wont even start with this fellow processing jalapeno and cheddar

oaks79

Try Oaks Deer Processing next time. We use hi-temp cheese in all of our summer suasage & brats.

terry08

Mike Triplett, at the Buck Shop, in Pocahontas. Is having another fantastic year. Added an extra smoker this past summer and still can't keep up. Twelve employees, and has been turning folks away for the past four weeks. He can freeze & process later, turning out 1,400 lbs of sausage a day. Folks must be knocking um down.

Sent from my SCH-R760X using Tapatalk

Latest posts