Gobble gobble!

flipper

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you on the site.
Remember when someone made a post like this and everyone responded? I miss Terry, Big Steve, Curlyjack, Smacko, John David and others. Even ladyhunter is missing. Sad. A sign of the times I guess.

bigsteve

I m here been a lot going on lately will try to visit more often happy thanksgiving y'all

gtk

Staff member
Happy belated Thanksgiving from Snowy cold Colorado ! the day before thanksgiving we had 17" of snow at the house, and our friends just up the road (but higher up the mountain) had 26" of snow !

i smoked a ham and then we went to some friends parents house for thanksgiving.

flipper

Happy belated Thanksgiving from Snowy cold Colorado ! the day before thanksgiving we had 17" of snow at the house, and our friends just up the road (but higher up the mountain) had 26" of snow !

i smoked a ham and then we went to some friends parents house for thanksgiving.
Smoked ham!!!! Yum!!!! I know that snow is beautiful, but I’ll just admire some pics if you post some. Rather not have any down here. Enjoying this 65 degree day in one of the tripods!

Blackbeard

Administrator
Staff member
I really love Thanksgiving.

It's simple IMO, but I know it's more complicated for others. Our family has a bring a dish type of meal. We all bring a side, along with a dessert. It was my year for the turkey...and I just bought one from the local BBQ place that was already smoked. It was picked clean.

All that said the best part is sharing a meal and just talking with everyone that is from all over the place. I know it won't always be where we can get together, but until then I'm going to enjoy every chance I get.

flipper

Yes Blackbeard, it’s most important for families to make time for each other, and the holidays seem to be the best time for that. Yours is the way we used to do it before my dad passed away. Now, my mom is 92, and we just do whatever works for that year. I sure miss Daddy. He would make the best seafood gumbo for an appetizer!!!!

Rancher

Can’t remember the last time I spent thanksgiving at home. I’ve always been at deer camp that week. Now I have my own family who enjoy hunting/camp as much as I do so we celebrate it at camp with a small meal the wife cooks for us.

flipper

Can’t remember the last time I spent thanksgiving at home. I’ve always been at deer camp that week. Now I have my own family who enjoy hunting/camp as much as I do so we celebrate it at camp with a small meal the wife cooks for us.
That sounds like fun too. As long as family time is shared, I don’t think meal size matters. Easier on your wife as well.