Got it done yesterday

terry08

You never know. Was hunting with my son, yesterday morning. He was using my 270, in the ladder stand. I knew the scope was bad on the 243. So what the heck , I chose to use the 30/30 which I have only shot on paper since having it restored several years ago. At 7: 50 a.m. a doe appeared on the gas line. She was 200 yds. away and just kept starring at the shoot house. She would lower her head, then stare again. She wanted to come to the feeder but would not commit. And would not turn broadside. After ten or more minutes, she turned and started walking away. She angled a little to the left giving me a slight side shot. She jumped like she was hit. After 20 minutes, I went to check but was not expecting to find anything. Sure enough, no blood or hair. Checked the woods slightly and nothing. My son text me and I told him another miss. I ranged the distance at 220 yds. I have never shot a 30/30 more than 130 yds. As we were heading in for the morning. I had a bad feeling about not looking more. Decided to walk the woods back to the house to make double sure. Not more than 40 yds. From the gas line, I found her in a brush pile. I was truly amazed that the bullet had hit exactly where I had aimed. It did not exit, but had done major damage internally . I will probably never try that again with the rifle. But I do know that I can count on it to preform when needed.

Sent from my SM-G920R7 using Tapatalk

terry08

Re: Got it done yesterday

jv":s5ty49rx said:
Way to go Terry....fresh meat
Just luck , I think. Forgot to get a picture for points. What the heck, I can't eat them points. There to hard to come by.

glenn

Congratulations! As long as you put meat in the freezer that’s what really counts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

triple_duece

Congrats! I have only killed a yote and a hog. Still trying but that’s hunting. If it were easy I’d do something else. My good hunts will come at the end of the month slow and steady wins the race.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jv

terry08":r7fpcgm7 said:
jv":r7fpcgm7 said:
Way to go Terry....fresh meat
Just luck , I think. Forgot to get a picture for points. What the heck, I can't eat them points. There to hard to come by.

You right about the points but at least you got meat.......with every passing day the odds of me even getting in the woods this year gets slimmer, but that’s life.

Latest posts