Hog dogs?

Surveyorshawn

I know it's not about deer, but does anybody know anyone who has hog dogs in way South MS? Our place is eaten up with them this year and we really need to get rid of as many as we can. I'm in Stone county if any of y'all have any contacts anywhere near this area I would be extremely greatful!

flipper

I thought we were talking about what I had for lunch there for a second.
I think that same thing every time I look at the post!!! LOL!!!!...
Wish I could help, but I have no connections for hog control. Maybe check with your local conservation officers.

Surveyorshawn

Trapping and thermal imaging scopes are much more efficient than dogs if you have a real problem.
Thermal imaging scopes cost a lot though. Have any of you ever used a trap with a one-way swinging door? I've heard that you can catch a lot of hogs with them because they will keep coming in after the corn, but obviously they can't get out. I'm guessing it would have to be on a corral type of trap.

stickers

Thermal imaging scopes cost a lot though. Have any of you ever used a trap with a one-way swinging door? I've heard that you can catch a lot of hogs with them because they will keep coming in after the corn, but obviously they can't get out. I'm guessing it would have to be on a corral type of trap.
True they do cost a lot but are cheaper than a pack of dogs. Those that I know that had dogs have got rid of them and gone to thermal imaging just cause of efficiency.

stickers

ATN has come out with some pretty dang good thermal scopes for a reasonable price. Granted they dont have all the bells and whistles as some but they get the job done nonetheless.

Surveyorshawn

I saw the Thor LT on Bud's Gun Shop online for about $1200. It's still a little pricey for me, since I'm buying a rifle for my son Ben & pistol for my wife this year, but it's half the cost of anything else on the market. It is something to save for though!

Latest posts