Hog Hunting?

What are the rules for hog hunting in MS? In some states, like AZ it's open season, no license required as they're an invasive species.
Tried to look it up on line but haven't found a real answer. Thanks.

glenn

I haven’t done it in years, but as I remember it, I’m pretty sure you can kill them any time, day, or night, no limit, no bait. The license part I have no clue on. I do know it’s best to let your local warden, or Sherriff’s Dept know if you are going to be out shooting them, especially at night. It saves a lot of trouble.

jv

The regulations that Nogocyclist posted is The latest ones that I am aware of but yes you do have to have a all game hunting license or a sportsman’s license and they can be hunted at night without any caliber restrictions except during turkey season.

jbullard1

Staff member
Read this section carefully.
Hours/Season: Landowners and leaseholders may hunt nuisance animals year-round at any time of day or night with no weapon/caliber restrictions on property titled in their name or otherwise owned, or leased by them.

Designated agents (persons with permission) of the landowners / leaseholders may hunt nuisance animals year-round at any time of day or night with no weapon / caliber restrictions, provided they have written permission from the landowner or leaseholder in his or her possession, when hunting nuisance animals. Permission letters must be signed and dated by the landowner or leaseholder, and shall include the contact information of the landowner or leaseholder; the contact information of the permitted person; and a specific a date of expiration.

Latest posts