i have a deer cam ?

dustygoodson

yes anyone on here know much about the Stealth Cam I540IR its a cheap cam but i don't know if it would take good pics or not if u have one let me know if its worth the money thanks and if you have a Infrared cam and like it let me know what kind is it im looking to get a Infrared cam soon

mikybigbuck

welcome :welcome: ....i don't have a cam either...i have no idea where to start..the main thing i would want would be digital and no flash...where do i start??

jbullard1

Staff member
My son in law has one of the Moultrie Infared ones that works good at feeders and food plots but the trigger speed is slow for trail use

dustygoodson

yea i have a old moultrie 2.1 or 1.2 and it still take good pics and i have a Stealth Camera 3.1 that take good pics to

goldenhunter

I got a moultrie I40 this year and have not been impressed with it at all. About 80% of the daytime pictures are black and white and it has a slow trigger. Check out the scoutguard SG550 for an IR camera in the same price range. i got one and love it. Wish I would have not bought the moultrie so I could have two of the scoutguards.

This is where I got mine:
http://www.beebusyoutdoors.com/gasumoca.html

Bloodhound

I have three of the scoutguards and an old cuddeback with flash. I prefer the sg550 because they are small and easier to use and the batteries last a looonnnggg time.

rjenkins1981

i have seen pics on buddies computers from an I540, CRAP is all i can say. stick with the traditional flash until the technology improves or step to something like the reconyx, $500.00!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

I have the I590 and i love it. great pics, super daytime pics good nite pics too

huntersmky

I disagree. i have a i540 and love it, but its only good if you put it on a corn pile or food plot. trigger speed sucks. i have 4 cameras and the best one i have is new. its a scoutguard sg550. trigger time is 1.2 seconds and takes great pictures. I am ordering another one this summer to put out. Will make my camera count five.
rjenkins1981":fpsbwy0e said:
i have seen pics on buddies computers from an I540, CRAP is all i can say. stick with the traditional flash until the technology improves or step to something like the reconyx, $500.00!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

I have the I590 and i love it. great pics, super daytime pics good nite pics too

huntersmky

o yeah, the scoutguard is only 75$ more than the I540. you can get one on ebay for 215 bucks with free shipping and two memory cards. it take 8AA batteries and one of mine is still on the batteries from October.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
msanders