Just think...

gtk

Staff member
i put a new scope on my backup elk rifle, and plan to load up about 50 rounds this week to shoot.

I ended up getting another mule deer buck tag, so i'm looking forward to October ! Hopefully my freezer will be full again with elk and a deer.

we will be back in MS mid september, so I'll miss the annual dove hunt, then we will probably be back around Christmas. If I don't get an elk, maybe I'll shoot a doe or two to fill the freezer.

jv

I haven't had them out long, because of the timber harvest I didn't run them all summer except on the farm.
When I had surgery I didn’t have time to get them out and I don’t think nobody else knew where they were at. My hunting buddy got the ones he knew was at but he didn’t know where they all were.

Last edited:

flipper

You never know Dusty. Big freak nasties are out there and you just got to be out there yourself!
Hey, how do you quote on this site?
I haven't got any cameras out right now. I've seen a lot of fawns. One was trotting by the house as I pulled into the yard yesterday.

LadyHunter

Staff member
You never know Dusty. Big freak nasties are out there and you just got to be out there yourself!
I haven't got any cameras out right now. I've seen a lot of fawns. One was trotting by the house as I pulled into the yard yesterday.

When looking at a post, click the reply on the right side of the post at the bottom.

dustygoodson

i haven't had first fawn on cam yet my dad bout ran one over with hay cutter 2 weeks ago

gtk

Staff member
i'm ready for cold weather and a big freak nasty to walk out HEY WE ALL CAN DREAM haha
The last few years I hunted at our farm, i didn't put any cameras out (they would get stolen). I found myself enjoying it more not knowing if I had a good buck on the land. There was that "anticipation" of what "could be" hanging around.

in previous years i would run cameras long enough to know almost exactly what I had on the land, and some years i just couldn't get too excited knowing there wasn't any big deer running around.

there's always that one buck that will surprise you though. He may be coming from 2 counties over, but there's always a chance that big one will walk out.

Latest posts