Market for muzzleloaders

timberseller

With the new laws allowing 45-70, etc... Is there any market left for muzzleloaders? I have a nice one and am just wondering if I should keep it or try to sell it?

RoadRanger

Make a good paper wights these days... tough selling them local because you wont get much money for them unless you sell outta state where they dont allow 45/70 or .35 whelens.

johndavid78

I still use mine as well, mainly because I'm too cheap to buy these other models...but from what I've seen in the market, a top of the line muzzleloader isn't bringing over 100... I shoot a cva in-line bolt action, magnum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gtk

Staff member
Welcome timberseller :welcome:

Where are you located? Your best bet is going to be to take it to a gun show in Memphis, and try and do some trading. Thats how I had to get rid of mine (Knight 50 disc rifle). I paid over $350 for the gun new, and ended up with a trade value of about $125.

There is just no market out there in MS.

I would register on TNDEER.COM and list it in their classified section, and if your on facebook, joing the North MS Gun Traders "group" and list it on there.

bigsteve

i bought a 4570 buffalo classic hunted with it and killed several deer with it but the recoil was too much for me i'm back to shooting my tradisions persuit pro50 cal it will out shoot the 4570 any way you would be supprised how many people still use one i feel good out to 250 yards.

Spitfire

Yeah i know my .54 Hawken has more oomph than the 45-70 and in a rifle that Ironwood will like ...lol

timberseller

gtk":b4mupcq3 said:
Welcome timberseller :welcome:

Where are you located? Your best bet is going to be to take it to a gun show in Memphis, and try and do some trading. Thats how I had to get rid of mine (Knight 50 disc rifle). I paid over $350 for the gun new, and ended up with a trade value of about $125.

There is just no market out there in MS.

I would register on TNDEER.COM and list it in their classified section, and if your on facebook, joing the North MS Gun Traders "group" and list it on there.

Thanks I live about an hour and a half from Memphis.

BayouGuy

I have a dozen muzzleloaders. Nine sidelocks and three in-lines. Seldom use a cartridge rifle any more. Also, I use GOEX black powder most of the time. Seems I've been infected with big clouds of white smoke.

Spitfire

No better way to hunt than with a real primitive gun and bringing home the meat !

BayouGuy

Here's a nice 115 lb. doe taken with my TC Hawken with a .58 caliber green mountain barrel - patched round ball & 95 grains GOEX FFg.

I had to track her for six feet - but the blood trail was good. ;)

Spitfire

Yes most people scoff at RB but imo there is little to beat it when used within range limitations , i've taken 450 lbs kudu with my .54 at 70 to 120 yds using 100gr Wano ffg and a ball and most piled up within 20 yds

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Baker8425