Midlife crisis....

chadbragg

Guess you could say this was a midlife crisis purchase. I've always wanted a custom rifle with a Swarovski scope so I jumped in this season. I bought a Remington 700 AAC-SD chambered in 6.5 creedmoor and sent it off to LRI (long range rifle incorporated) to have it fluted, blueprinted, and coated. They did a wonderful job with everything. The action and trigger are both smooth as silk. I highly recommend them, they specialize in Remington 700 and Winchester #70. I also topped it with a Swarovski Z6 2-12x50. Shooting the hornady 143gr precision hunter it shoots single hole groups at 100yds off bench. This is what I took my Kentucky buck with at just over 350yds at very 1st light opening morning. Needless to say I absolutely love it especially capped off with my AAC suppressor!

Attachments

flipper

Chad, that is one beautiful weapon! I know you are really going to enjoy that. Thing is, you’re not mid life yet, so when that time actually does roll around, you get to do another one!!!! You can call this “kid life” crisis!:)

jv

Nice looking gun but at my age I don’t think it’s nothing I need but several years ago I probably would have went for it. I know you will enjoy it.
I have been thinking a lot about the 6.5 but that’s just me thinking again.

Latest posts