Mississippi Panther Sightings

MDH

Hey everyone, I am an undergraduate student at the University of Mississippi and am looking for trail cam photos, eye witness sightings of the Florida Panther in MS. I am preparing to conduct an independent investigation into the existence of these large cats. Historically there as been no hard evidence of them in over 100 years but I hope to change this. I am reaching out for locations/pictures of sightings in order to develop a map of population density. These accounts will allow me to hone in on an area to conduct my research in the near future. If you have any information regarding panther sightings please let me know! Thank you!

bobbyg0612

I have a buddy that has one on his trail cam located south of Jackson. I will see if he will send it to me, and a better location

glenn

Check with the Natchez Democrat newspaper. There have been many sightings in and around natchez over the last several years along with some articles in the paper. They may be able to give you a good place to start. Of course, they claim it has to be a released or escaped pet because there are supposedly none in Mississippi.

gtk

Staff member
Has there ever been a confirmed pic taken in MS of a panther/cougar ? I know there has been many "friend of friend" sightings/pics.

Surveyorshawn

One of my guys saw one while surveying in Stone County a few years ago near Red Creek. It crossed an opening in front of him in broad daylight as he was getting ready to move the surveying instrument up to a new point. He called it a mountain lion when he described it to me.

Latest posts