New to the Area

Otto_candies

This is my first time hunting bow season in Mississippi. I am hunting north of Jackson. I’m getting in the tree about 5:30am and leaving around 10:30am. Afternoons about 3:30 and leaving right after dark. Was curious as to what the movement is like in the early season. Thanks for the help.

glenn

Sorry I haven’t checked in lately. I have been seeing random movement all day and night On camera. If you have acorns, hunt them. I have a trough that I was putting 100 lbs of rice bran per week in until the last week of September. The acorns started falling and I haven’t put in any since then and there is still some there. What type of terrain are you hunting?

Otto_candies

Sorry I haven’t checked in lately. I have been seeing random movement all day and night On camera. If you have acorns, hunt them. I have a trough that I was putting 100 lbs of rice bran per week in until the last week of September. The acorns started falling and I haven’t put in any since then and there is still some there. What type of terrain are you hunting?
Mostly old pasture land with some thick brush. Surrounded by some thick pine. We have some young hardwoods planted on the outside of the pine leading into our plots. We have great cover on our property but no trees really.

glenn

In that case I would focus on the fringes where two different types of cover join and also the creeks and draws if you have any. If you have creeks, walk them to see where the deer are crossing. Also walk the edges of your plots to find where they are coming in. You may be able to find somewhere 50 to 75 yards off the plot to set up. Often the deer will stage just off the plots until dark.

Search some of the posts on here by BigSteve. He is extremely accomplished as a deer hunter and has shared lots of great advice.

Latest posts