New truck...

chadbragg

I have been in the market for a new truck for the last 6mo or so. I have driven them all from ford, Toyota, GMC, and pulled the trigger today on a Silverado Trail Boss LT. So far I absolutely love it! Will put some miles on it this weekend as I'm headed to TN then on up to KY lease to pull cam cards. On the 120mi trip home from the dealership I averaged 19.2mpg. Which is about 5mpg better than my Ram got.

Attachments

• C6322DE4-85B6-4381-9D59-D4F253BC075C.jpeg
    C6322DE4-85B6-4381-9D59-D4F253BC075C.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 20
  • 5C95E20A-40B5-47F9-8FDE-E02CF042B04F.jpeg
    5C95E20A-40B5-47F9-8FDE-E02CF042B04F.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 19

flipper

Good looking ride. Does it have the invisible trailer feature? I honestly don’t think that is something I would need, personally speaking, but it’s pretty cool looking on the commercial.
That’s about the same fuel mileage I get on my new Sierra.

chadbragg

Good looking ride. Does it have the invisible trailer feature? I honestly don’t think that is something I would need, personally speaking, but it’s pretty cool looking on the commercial.
That’s about the same fuel mileage I get on my new Sierra.
It does. It will test all trailer lights which is pretty nifty and can use trailer camera. I'm like you, I've made it all these years don't think I'll ever use it.

flipper

It does. It will test all trailer lights which is pretty nifty and can use trailer camera. I'm like you, I've made it all these years don't think I'll ever use it.
Yep, I like that trailer light test thing. My “Check trailer wiring “ message keeps coming on. I’m pulling a 2015 WW aluminum bumper pull, but evidently the way it’s wired doesn’t work with my new truck. I called WW and the guy was super nice, but he didn’t know. Everything seems to work fine. I may call Cowboy Trailers in West Monroe. They have been wonderful to work with through the years. At some point I may have take it to the dealer, but that’s a pain because of the distance.

Nogocyclist

Yep, I like that trailer light test thing. My “Check trailer wiring “ message keeps coming on. I’m pulling a 2015 WW aluminum bumper pull, but evidently the way it’s wired doesn’t work with my new truck. I called WW and the guy was super nice, but he didn’t know. Everything seems to work fine. I may call Cowboy Trailers in West Monroe. They have been wonderful to work with through the years. At some point I may have take it to the dealer, but that’s a pain because of the distance.
A lot of times when the wiring works with an old truck but not a new one it is due to grounding. Before you run all over the place check to make sure the truck provides ground through the jack and that the trailer ground works through the jack. Often trailers pull their ground from the frame and the hitches on some trucks for some reason are not fully grounded. That could be due to something as simple as the receiver hitch still has enough paint on it that there is no connection running through the hitch assembly. Just a simple thing but it is the first thing to check.

Bullie

I bought a new F150 last week. My 1st new truck since 1993!! I drove it down to Clarksdale to see my dad last Saturday and it averaged 21.7. Liking that part. Not too happy about my touchscreen glitching. Gotta get that checked out.

flipper

A lot of times when the wiring works with an old truck but not a new one it is due to grounding. Before you run all over the place check to make sure the truck provides ground through the jack and that the trailer ground works through the jack. Often trailers pull their ground from the frame and the hitches on some trucks for some reason are not fully grounded. That could be due to something as simple as the receiver hitch still has enough paint on it that there is no connection running through the hitch assembly. Just a simple thing but it is the first thing to check.
The guy at WW Trailer manufacturing said that the hitch may have not grounded yet, but when I told him we had hauled it out to San Antonio and back and still had the issue, he knew that wasn’t the problem.

flipper

I bought a new F150 last week. My 1st new truck since 1993!! I drove it down to Clarksdale to see my dad last Saturday and it averaged 21.7. Liking that part. Not too happy about my touchscreen glitching. Gotta get that checked out.
Congratulations Bullie!!!! I am soooooo happy for you. That’s a long time to go without a new ride. I’m impressed...... There’s glitches on all these new trucks. My phone won’t charge when I lay it on the charging pad. Even when I take it out of the case, and I don’t think it will charge in the dash USB. It will in the passenger port. I’m making a list for dealer checks.

gtk

Staff member
Good looking truck.. i think they are all about the same as far as ride and dependability now-a-days

stickers

LED lights on trailer? Might not be drawing enough for the truck to recognize properly or in certain modes

flipper

LED lights on trailer? Might not be drawing enough for the truck to recognize properly or in certain modes
Not LEDs. I’m thinking it has something to do with the electric brakes. A friend is going to Cowboy Trailers tomorrow and he is going to pick their brain about the issue.

Latest posts