Porqupine

sidog

The wife and I saw a Porqupine on the way home from town tonight.They are rare here in central TX. I have only seen one other about three yrs ago on a deer stand.This one was waddling down our dirt road and we thought it was a really fat coon until We got right up to it and it turned sideways.We had I phone and cannon digital camera but were too slow to get a pic before He made it through the fence and was gone.Wierd critters!

gtk

Staff member
Never seen one except at the zoo. I think they are common in the mountain states

Bullie

I threw rocks at those things while I was on the elk hunt in Colorado last year. Threw rocks at mule deer too.

EddyBo

Can't recall seeing a live one but have seen several road kills in TX.

Ironwood

One came into our campground near Wolf Creek Pass in Colorado. He was much bigger than I had pictured them. I know one thing I sure wouldn't want to mess with one.

terry08

Way back in the late fifties and early sixties my dad had a three thousand acre hunting camp surrounding the Steel Bayou. This was before the Crow brothers came in and clear cut the huge timber. The trees were so tall that a twelve gauge would not touch a squirrel if they were in the top. Eagle lake road was still gravel and the corp had not yet started any flood control along the Steel Bayou. This was true wildness forest at that time.
During that time we would see them on a regular bases, I was told they would come across the river when it would flood. Also e even though I can't prove it I can attest to seeing Ivory Billed Woodpeckers in those woods. I was just a kid at the time and did not know the history of the ivory billed at that time but swear to seeing them they were huge birds and their vocal calls would send chills down a young boys spine.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barbara Zietchick