Public Hunting

skidboot77

Hello. I’m new to the site, but grew up hunting in North Ms. I live in Alabama now, but was wondering what public hunting is available for out of state Hunters. i have a good 400 acre lease in Alabama, but have a urge to hunt back in my home state now that I’m retired and have the time.

jv

First off Welcome to the site and looking forward to your post.:)
Any of the Wildlife Management Areas would be good. I have hunted Malmasion more then the others and have had good success there.
What area of north Mississippi did you hunt in when you lived here.
Holly Springs National Forest is also a good area.

chadbragg

Hello. I’m new to the site, but grew up hunting in North Ms. I live in Alabama now, but was wondering what public hunting is available for out of state Hunters. i have a good 400 acre lease in Alabama, but have a urge to hunt back in my home state now that I’m retired and have the time.
What part of Al are you in? I am in the Corinth area and we have several wma around the ne corner of the state

skidboot77

I’m on the eastern shore of Mobile Bay (Daphne). I grew up in Corinth (Go Warriors). I hunt in Frisco City Al. Lots of deer and hogs. Grew up hunting Sharps Bottom and around Alcorn county.

Surveyorshawn

Pascagoula River WMA isn't far from you. It isn't hunted hard and is mostly hardwood bottomland. I hunted it years ago, back in the 90's. There are some surprisingly good deer in it as far south as it is.

Latest posts