Right rifle scope

LeonRich

I joined this group in hope that I could get some correspondence on issues I may have. I would like any suggestions on purchasing a new rifle scope. 90% of my shots are under 100 yds. All the scope I have reviewed are “long range” . I really would like to spent under 1k. I see a lot of reviews for Vortex. Any suggestions ?? I shoot a 7 mag

jv

The Vortex diamond back 4-12x40 and the Crossfire II 3-9x40 both are good scopes but of course I have always been a Nikon person and own several of them but they are not in the scope business anymore so the next scope I do buy I will be looking at the Vortex real close

Have you looked into the Aimpoint Hunter series?
I’ve been looking at the H34S myself for a hog rifle.

Last edited:

LeonRich

I joined this group in hope that I could get some correspondence on issues I may have. I would like any suggestions on purchasing a new rifle scope. 90% of my shots are under 100 yds. All the scope I have reviewed are “long range” . I really would like to spent under 1k. I see a lot of reviews for Vortex. Any suggestions ?? I shoot a 7 mag
Thx I have a 35 Whelan that I just bought aCrossfire for. I’ve read reviews for the Vortex. Kind of concerned that it’s constructed out of the US.

Huntnwork

I’m a Leupold guy. They are tried and true with a great warranty and in my experience great customer service. My advice on scopes is always regardless of name brand, spend as much as your budget will allow. 1k will get a NICE scope of most any of your major brand scopes for hunting. Old man once told me that good rule of thumb is for every 100$ you spend that’s 1 minute more of shooting light you get. To answer your question my choice would be leupold vx3 3.5-10x50 with a good set of rings.

Rancher

Have vortex Diamondback on 3 guns in 3.5x10x50 and wife has a vortex viper in 4x16x50. So far so good.

jbullard1

Staff member
I have switched to Vortex on most of my guns and binoculars. With my eyes Vortex is way better than anything Leopold offers. Nikon is a close 2nd. I have a 6x20x50 on my 6.5 Grendel and we made a 1 shot kill at 385 yards in low morning light. I have a pair of Leopold binoculars that are worthless compared to Vortexx

gtk

Staff member
For under $1k bucks you have tons of options. I dont' like all the "knobs and dials" on my scopes either. I want to just point and shoot without having to dial in my scope. A BDC reticle is about as fancy as I want.

Try samplelist.com. I picked up a nice 3-9x50 Zeiss at a great price. Vortex are great scopes, especially their upper end glass. Plus they have great warranty.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
huvrman