Shooting or Reloading?

sidog

I went to my son in laws range and shot my little guns. 17 hornet CZ 527, 222 Sako Vixen and 223 700 ltr Rem. I cleaned them and put them in the safe. I need to reload the brass I created from that day. I want go shoot my bigger guns now. Not much time though.

gtk

Staff member
Got a different 300 wsm, and loaded a few rounds with a new bullet.. I have around 500 9mm rounds primed & ready for some lead/powder.. I just don't have the time or motivation at the moment to load :)

gtk

Staff member
Barnes TTSX 168grain.. I was using 165 grain TSX. I was kind of shocked at the difference in length with the polymer tip. With the TTSX's, I am almost compressing the load.

stickers

gtk":39ehzfj7 said:
Barnes TTSX 168grain.. I was using 165 grain TSX. I was kind of shocked at the difference in length with the polymer tip. With the TTSX's, I am almost compressing the load.

"Get your Ogive from the TSX and use it for your TTSX to determine your COAL . I am one of the few I think that truly like the TTSXs better. They definatley start expanding much quicker on impact imo and from what I have seen.

gtk

Staff member
the TTSX's definitely grouped just a bit better than the TXS's. I've got my load data for both.

I know what the TSX's will do to elk... HOPEFULLY i will get to see what the TTSX's will do to them this October... COME ON OCT !!!

stickers

gtk":3e8yw6pf said:
the TTSX's definitely grouped just a bit better than the TXS's. I've got my load data for both.

I know what the TSX's will do to elk... HOPEFULLY i will get to see what the TTSX's will do to them this October... COME ON OCT !!!

Yep, good groupers and good killers. I use them for everything. I just know a few who hate polymer tips. Even had a good friend load up a bunch in a 338 only to pull all the polymer tips out when he finished them, ha. Good luck in Oct.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
huvrman