some of my tree planting(pic heavy)

huntall

I cleaned up around my crabapple row that had grown up too much.
A couple before pictures

Now a couple after pictures.

Another after.

huntall

huntall":25iy4zwn said:
I cleaned up around my crabapple row that had grown up too much.
A couple before pictures

Now a couple after pictures.

Another after.

New after pictures. Young sawtooth orchard style planted minimum 25x30 spacing some more. They start behind the first row .first row is crabapple.
60 young sawtooth that will start getting the fertilizer like my other sawtooth orchard gets.
Look at the leaves they are a little pale and will be dark green next spring after fertilizing.

huntall

This is one from my first sawtooth orchard. It is 31 sawtooth in it. It was planted at the end of January 2011. A little above average of my 4yr old trees
Dark green from fertilizing also.

huntall

This is a mahaw that I got at the county free tree give away. This is the only mahaw I have planted.

huntall

This is another picture of sawtooth trees. Side by side parked for size comparison.
4yr old trees.

huntall

Checked my trees today and my sawtooth has acorns this yr for first time. Even a three yr old tree has acorns.
I can't believe how well they are doing!

huntall

I sprouted 22 dwarf chinkipin oak from seed in 3 gallon pots and since we finally got moisture back in the ground I planted some of them last weekend. I didn't have anything to put around them to protect them so I figured I'd try some tomato rings over them to see how that works for now.