Some pics of my Colorado trip...Story added

Bullie

This pic is from the Texas Panhandle. I have been through this area several times. I am always amazed how God stacked up so much nothing in one place. I guess it is just here to hold the world together. Miles and miles between trees or even bushes.
C1.jpg

The first few mountains start appearing. I cannot remember if this is near Raton, NM or in SE Colorado. Looked neat to me though.
c16.jpg

We quickly found out we were not the only predators around. We saw several bears. Saw a porcupine too but it was too dark to get a picture.
c15.jpg

Pretty view.
c13.jpg

Bullie

Re: Some pics of my Colorado trip...1st part of story added

Another pretty view. This was near Ridgeway, CO. You can see Mt. Sneffels in this pic. My dad camped there lots of times when he hunted Colorado.
c14.jpg

This is Chimney Rock near Ridgeway. If you have seen the original John Wayne version of "True Grit" you have seen this rock several times.
c9.jpg

This is the meadow I hunted most of the time. I shot the elk on the right side. (Long story upcoming..not a happy ending.)
c8.jpg

Bullie

Re: Some pics of my Colorado trip

Three elk wallows I found while searching for my elk.
c6.jpg

This is above Ouray up the Red Mountain Pass. Scary ride! That is an old mine trestle at the bottom of the pic.
c5.jpg

This was a veiw near the area I hunted. Really pretty country.
c4.jpg

A view above Ouray on Red Mountain Pass.
c3.jpg

LazyGhost

Glad you got us some good pics. I have never seen a mountain nor the ocean. I want to go to the mountains sometime and rent a cabin. I dont care to see the ocean. I wouldnt mind taking a stroll on the beach though. :eek:

Bullie

I will have some more pics soon. If I can get them scanned. They are on a couple of the cheapy cameras. I took these with my phone.

Curlyjack

Great Pics Bullie. You making me miss the Rockies. I have not been out there in about 5 years. But that may change soon .

Ironwood

Wow! Bullie those are great photos. I think everyone should go to Colorado at least once. The air up there even smells great.

FireCloud

The west is awesome and I often wonder why I bother to live here. Your pics make me even more eager to think about relocating. Got a career Marine client who just moved to Denver who said snow is about to arrive there. He's trying to get an elk permit. I'm afraid to take him up on an invite for a visit because I probably would never want to return home!

Sure enjoyed the pics. Hope you have some more to post!

Bullie

joshua99ta":35ws282c said:
now where is this elk story at???

Gonna take me a minute to get all that typed. Its kind of sad story anyway... :cry:

leepurvis

Bullie, know what you mean about the Texas panhandle. Went thru there quite a few times when I was stationed at Ft. Carson (Colorado Springs). Like you said, literally nothing for miles.

LadyHunter

Staff member

Bullie those are some beautiful pictures. As much as I have traveled I have never been further west than Texas. Great pictures and I cant wait to see more. We will all be waiting on the elk story!!

BeardsAndBones

Man that is some pretty country. Thanks for posting the pic .Looking foward to more of them and the story.

saddaddykiller

is that snow on them mountains? nice pictures...lot better looking than here, but im pretty sure i would die from not being able to breathe in the elevation and climbing them mountains

joshua99ta

I wish I could just sell everything I have here and move up there. I could, but I'm not sure about jobs up there...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
huvrman