Thinking of building an AR hunting riffle

chadbragg

I personally think there are several other calibers that I would go with before the wssm. I have a 277 wolverine and 6.8spc at the moment. My next builds will be a 6.5 grendel and either Creedmoor or 308.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

jbullard1

Staff member
dewayne_williams2001":2vigxn69 said:
Well I'm building it for a charity auction so I figured more people would identify with the 243wssm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you are building it for an auction why not just build a really nice 5.56 that ammo is readily available for?

terry08

jbullard1":6wy959k5 said:
dewayne_williams2001":6wy959k5 said:
Well I'm building it for a charity auction so I figured more people would identify with the 243wssm

If you are building it for an auction why not just build a really nice 5.56 that ammo is readily available for?
Jerry, Dewayne is the owner of Veterans Gun Works. I don't think ammo is an issue with "boggar". He has the best selection l have seen in a while.

Sent from my SM-G920R7 using Tapatalk

That's why I asked for your guys opinion. I think I will build a 223/5.56 with 24" spiral fluted barrel my custom lower and upper. Also thinking of going with laminate wood AR stocks. Never built one with wood furniture before. And encase it in a nice pelican case.

chadbragg

dewayne_williams2001":11s3gwrc said:
That's why I asked for your guys opinion. I think I will build a 223/5.56 with 24" spiral fluted barrel my custom lower and upper. Also thinking of going with laminate wood AR stocks. Never built one with wood furniture before. And encase it in a nice pelican case.

I like some of the new new boyds stocks. I was actually thinking about using them on my next build.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

jbullard1

Staff member
Thank You Dewayne for showing me that Boyd's makes wood stocks for the AR :bash: :bash: :bash:
I thought I was through building AR's but NNNOOOOOOO got to have one more now....
Huummm What Caliber?
:W: :2TU: :W: :2TU: :W: :2TU: :party :party :party

Latest posts