Under $400 Youth .243

Rancher

I’ve been having my eye on a Remington model 700 youth .243 at Walmart or the mossberg patriot in .243. Does anyone on here have experience with either rifle? Thanks

jbullard1

Staff member
The Remington 700 is a fine gun, I dont know anything about the Mossbergs. I suggest you try a Ruger American Compact rifle I own 3 of them a 30-06 a 243 and a compact 7mm-08 that my wife hunts with

Rancher

The Remington 700 is a fine gun, I dont know anything about the Mossbergs. I suggest you try a Ruger American Compact rifle I own 3 of them a 30-06 a 243 and a compact 7mm-08 that my wife hunts with
How do you like the .243? We actually have the ruger American compact in 7mm-08 for my oldest.

jbullard1

Staff member
How do you like the .243? We actually have the ruger American compact in 7mm-08 for my oldest.
All I have shot it was to zero the scope. It is a full size one I bought as a gift but ended up having to keep it. It shoots fine. It is the full size version

jv

I have a Savage 7mm 08 in youth model that I use some when it’s real cold because of the bulky clothes it’s eady to shoulder and I love it.
It came with a Weaver scope but I have a new Nikon still in the box that I’m fixing to mount on it

Alexe8687

I have a mossberg in .308. Shoots good. The bolt is a little sloppy. I’d definitely take a look at the Rugers or TC Compass. The TC is a hell of a budget rifle!

gtk

Staff member
Dont think you can go wrong with any of those options listed. I think the model 700 would hold its resale better.

Latest posts