User Attachments Cleanup

gtk

Staff member
The amount of attachments on the forum is approaching 500 Mb. That makes for a long time to backup this site..

If each one of you can take a minute or two and review your post attachments, and delete any old ones you don't need.

Just click on "user control panel" then "Manage Attachments". Delete any old ones you can. This will not delete your original post, just the picture attached to it..

thx :)

gtk

Staff member
Pics hosted on other sites don't effect ? (affect) ? the size of this forum. Its just the actual files that people upload to the forum and attach to he posts

gtk

Staff member
Don't delete anything if its recent and you want to keep it.. Thats no problem.. Its just the attachments that were uploaded 6 months - 12 months ago .. Those are what can be cleaned up..

buckcrazy

Didn't even know I had some of those pics on there. Most of mine were pics from uploaded using tapatalk, are those taking up space too? I deleted about 30 pics that I didn't realize we're on here. That should help ya out some

FireCloud

A global announcement. Wow. I am impressed. :ylsuper: Does the announcement get translated into foreign languages automatically? Just curious? :D

When I checked I noted I have eight pages of attachments to sort through. I have been rather busy posting since I became a member so this is going to take a while. :bash: In fact, this is my 3,000th post! :2TU:

Due to loss of a hard drive I don't have the original photos of some of the pics posted on the forum so I want to take the time to save the pics back to my current hard drive before deleting them. Maybe over the holiday I can get some free time to delete some of my photos. I'll try.

jbullard1

Staff member
GTK correct me if I am wrong.
If we use photobucket then that is not an attachment.
But if we post a pic and the paperclip icon shows up then that is an attachment, right?

gtk

Staff member
Correct. PHotobucket & other external links to pictures do not effect the size of this forum.

It's just the pics that you upload & attach to a post..

Latest posts