Wahabi Shriners

jbullard1

Staff member
Wahabi Shriners are a group I know nothing about but am very proud to know them now.
A few weeks ago my wife bought 2 $20 dollar tickets on a drawing. We were notified last week we had won on both
First was a Sig P238 380 pistol, nice little handgun
Second was a Bergara Ridge 14 in 30-06
Best $40we have spent in a long time

Attachments

• DSC_0001 (202).JPG
    DSC_0001 (202).JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 2

glenn

That’s great. I’m glad you won. For those that don’t know, that’s how they support the Shriner’s Children’s Hospitals. A large percentage of the children in the US that are born with severe birth defects, or suffer from serious burns are taken care of through the shriner’s hospitals at no cost to the family. They don’t even accept insurance if you have it. Your wife did a wonderful thing and was rewarded for it.

jbullard1

Staff member
That’s great. I’m glad you won. For those that don’t know, that’s how they support the Shriner’s Children’s Hospitals. A large percentage of the children in the US that are born with severe birth defects, or suffer from serious burns are taken care of through the shriner’s hospitals at no cost to the family. They don’t even accept insurance if you have it. Your wife did a wonderful thing and was rewarded for it.
Thank You for enlightening me. I knew they did things for kids but not what they do

glenn

My daughter was born with a cleft lip and pallet along with vision, hearing and learning issues. One of the local Shriners contacted us in the first week and asked if we would let him sponsor her.

We had insurance, but they would not accept it. They took care of all of her surgeries and wouldn’t take a dime directly. We have made contributions as we have been able to.

All of her work was done in Galveston, Tx and then Houston after the Galveston hospital was destroyed by a hurricane, Rita I think. Anyway they take care of birth defects and burn victims there, no matter what your financial situation is.

The sights, sounds and suffering there are something you never want to experience as a parent, but to know there is someone providing hope in seemingly hopeless situations is amazing. I will never forget and can never repay what these people do. She is 28 now and doing well because of them. I’m not 100% sure but I believe the Shriners are a part of the Masons.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JimmyG662