What’s Gonna Be In Your Plot Blend

Rancher

What are you guys planting this season in your plots? I haven’t decided what I’m going with besides the usual 3 which is winter wheat, oats and a cereal rye.

2thDK

We used the Pennington Mississippi Complete last year and had fantastic results. Best, greenest food plots I can remember. Of course we also had timed feeders running from September on one every plot, so we had lots of activity.
Every year I want to plant soybeans but my FIL says it’s not worth it with the small plots we’ve got.

tcfscharles

I'd watch out on planting to early this year, armyworms are in full force eating up anything tender they can find.

glenn

We don’t normally plant until mid October. My son picked up 3,000 lbs of wheat and 2,000 lbs of oats a couple of weeks ago. His father-in-law farms so he got them at a great price, so we can share some with the mice if they get into it before we plant. We usually add some rye grass, winter peas and some type of greens, either rape, turnips, or mustard.

Reactions: jv

huvrman

I buy $16 a bag blend of wheat, rye, clover every year from Moore’s in Pontotoc. Best deal around. Use it to plant my MS plots as well as my north TN plots. Have used the more expensive stuff and have found this just as good.

Rancher

I buy $16 a bag blend of wheat, rye, clover every year from Moore’s in Pontotoc. Best deal around. Use it to plant my MS plots as well as my north TN plots. Have used the more expensive stuff and have found this just as good.

Your exactly right on using cheap stuff over the expensive stuff. I use co-op blends that come in a brown bag and a lot cheaper than seeds that come in a bag with a picture of a buck on it! My family and I kill our share of deer every year.

jv

We usually get our wheat from Mississippi WildLife for $11 dollars a bag but this year they are having a shortage so we could only get half of what we been getting each year so we having to get the rest from a seed distributor at $12 a bag. We got 200 bags.

jv

I like Moore’s in Pontotoc
Huffman, where do you hunt around Oxford?

huvrman

Ok, i live between Water Valley an Bruce but do all my hunting down in the Delta in Leflore and Grenada counties
i was raised outside of Tula in the Potlocna Creek area.

Reactions: jv

jv

i was raised outside of Tula in the Potlocna Creek area.
I’m really not that familiar which this area that much, I have only lived here for a couple of years. I lived in and around Greenwood most of my life but we did live at Potts Camp for about 10 years but still went back to the Delta to hunt.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JimmyG662