Yall ready for snow yet

LadyHunter

Staff member
I am trying very hard to not complain! I just don't quite remember heat indexes this high. Or maybe it's just as we get older it seems worse. But you can keep the snow and cold.

Blackbeard

Administrator
Staff member
It has been the hottest year on record for sure. My only problem is I want the cold temps to come to kill the mosquitos that are laying eggs.

gtk

Staff member
Yep, it was hot today. when we got home from church, it was 90 degrees and we had to cut the a/c on in the house!

This morning felt good though, it was 47.

flipper

It hasn't seemed that hot to me for some reason. My friends and I have been riding horses in the morning time and we've done some sweating, but still, it doesn't seem to have bothered me. I'm always ready to jump on the mower. Maybe I've just gotten more used to it. I certainly don't want any snow, just cooler weather. And, yes, mosquitos gone!
Greg, I didn't know they put AC in houses out in Colorado!

gtk

Staff member
flipper, we are lucky, whoever built our house put in AC. We dont' use it much and when we do, its set on 78 usually. As soon as the sun goes down, its open windows again.

I live in a pretty expensive neighborhood, and still most of these houses weren't build with central ac. Most accommodate by putting those portable ac units in just to "get by"

jv

My wife keeps ours on 70° at all times and ever since I had to have surgery I almost stay cold all the time. I guess going from 315 to 177 (which I weighed yesterday) I guess I lost most of the insulation I had on my body and now these old bones stay cold.:rolleyes:

Latest posts